Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Busy, Busy!!!!

I thought after the fall semester was over my life would slow down… boy was I wrong. This time of the year is never slow. There is so much going on and so much to do.

Last Thursday, the hubby & I celebrated our 4th anniversary. I can’t believe we’ve been married for 4 years. Time is flying by so fast…I wish it would slow down…but I also catch myself wishing for certain days or events to get here…I just need to learn to be more patient. Maybe that will be my New Year’s Resolution #1 thing to do in 2011.

This past weekend, the hubby & I went to Dallas to just get away for the weekend and celebrate our anniversary. We were supposed to stay with Dave & Paula, but Paula’s mom got sick so they had to come to Texarkana to take care of her. Instead, we spent the weekend with Gin & Howard. It was nice to get to visit and catch up with them. It’s been a while since we got to spend much time with them, so everything worked out. We ate, ate, and ate some more…then did a little shopping in between eating. I think I gained 2 pounds…but that’s okay…I don’t ever get to eat like that here.

I been trying to finish my last minute Christmas shopping. I hate that I’ve waited til the last minute to finish things up but it is what it is. I only have Steven’s stocking stuff left..and I’m pretty sure I know what I’m going to get him so it shouldn’t be too hard.

Today, I’m meeting with Jenny to have her birthday lunch. I always love visiting with her…I miss working with her and it’s always fun to catch up. Thursday marks the beginning of Christmas for us. Everyone is coming to our house Thursday night. We have 3 places to go on Friday and 3 places to go on Saturday. I enjoy Christmas, but it’s a lot of work! I’ll be exhausted by the time Sunday gets here. Thank the Lord for these 2 weeks off! I love being lazy and going shopping when I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment