Monday, March 12, 2012

Brady's Bump- 38 weeks



It's hard to believe this is my last pregnancy update!!! We'll be heading to the hospital Thursday morning!! We'll check in at 8am and hopefully will have Brady in our arms by that afternoon sometime.

My last doctor's appointment went well last week. Everything still looked good. We had our last sonogram and they estimated that Brady weighed 7lb3oz last Tuesday. My doc thinks he'll be between 7 1/2 to 8 lbs... My guess is 7lb 9oz??? Steven thinks 7lb 8oz?? We'll soon find out!

So my last weigh in wasn't too bad..I gained two more pounds. I went over my target weight gain by 2lbs!!! So, I'm proud of myself. I've gain 40 pounds since July!!! That's a lot of weight! The good thing is that I started this pregnancy about 10lbs under weight so I only have 30lbs to loose.

This past week was my last week of work this year. I'm not going back to work until August. I'm so thankful I'm going to have ~5 months to be home with Brady. God's timing is always perfect! It was hard, however, to leave my students Friday. I love my kids and I'm going to miss them. The good thing is that I can still go up to school and visit them. They surprised me with a little going away party and it was so sweet. They made a sign where they all guessed how much Brady would weigh and their answers ranged from 1lb to 100lbs!

During this past week I've also been under the weather. First my throat started hurting, then I started coughing, which caused me to loose my voice. My nose started running and finally I had a terrible ear ache (in both ears!). It's been rough. It's been a long time since I've had an ear ache this bad. I forgot how painful they are. And, I still can't hear very well. My nurse called me in an antibiotic Friday and that has helped, but I still have a cough and now my ribs hurt from coughing so bad! I feel like I'm falling apart! I'm hoping & praying I feel almost 100% when I go to the hospital Thursday. I don't want to be too sick to hold my own baby!

The countdown until he arrives has begun. I feel like I still have a lot to do, but don't want to overdo anything. My doc is out of the country until Wednesday and she told me to take it easy so I'm going to be a good girl, and do what she said!

No comments:

Post a Comment