Monday, April 2, 2012

Labor of Love

First of all, I have to apologize to all the ladies, who have blogged about their pregnancy. I get so interested in their blogs about their pregnancies, then I can’t understand why they don’t blog as much after the baby arrives. Well, now I understand. They are busy and sleepy. That’s also the reason I have been MIA since Brady was born. But, hopefully I’m back. Here’s how we got him here.

Brady’s Birth Story
Thursday, March 15th Steven & I left our house around 7:15 and headed to the hospital. We got there around 8am. That felt like one of the longest drives to Texarkana ever. I was SO nervous & excited about what was about to happen. I knew this was the last day I’d be pregnant with Brady. This was the last day Steven & I would be just a married couple…from this day on, we’d be a family. I was scared about childbirth..I was scared I wouldn’t be able to have him naturally…I was scared something might be wrong with him.
Once we were at the hospital, we were taken to a room where I got hooked up to all the monitors and they started my IV. I was happy that my nurse was going to be one of the nurses I had when I had the last baby. Nurse Jamie took very good care of me, she’s the best. (She was supposed to get off work at 7pm but stayed until Brady was born.) There were a lot of babies being born that day, so they didn’t start my Pitocin until 11:30am. At that time I was dilated to a 1 and 80% thinned out and his head was low. They continued to up my Pitocin throughout the day. During the afternoon, my doctor came back and broke my water. That was a weird feeling and I was very uncomfortable. When I was finally dilated to a 3, I got my epidural. After my epidural kicked in, I was set. I couldn’t feel or move my legs but I didn’t care, I was just happy to not be hurting anymore. I continued to make progress and was ready to push around 7:15ish… After 20-30 minutes of pushing, at 7:59pm, he was here! He weighed 8lb 2oz and was 21 inches long. He was big and healthy!!!
I cried when I saw him….It was love at first sight! Steven cut the cord. It was the most amazing thing that’s ever happened to us. Brady is such a blessing. There aren’t words to explain how much we love him.
We got to come home on Saturday, March 17th. Our lives have been crazy ever since….it’s amazing how much a little tiny person can change your lives so drastically.

Last Brady's bump picture... 38wks 6days (I wore my You Had Me at Epidural shirt so the hospital staff knew I wanted pain meds asap!) haha

Our last picture of just the 2 of us!

Things were starting to get serious! Those contractions were no joke!

Brady & Dr. Bingham...she's my hero!!! I love her so much!!!

Our family of 3!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see some pictures! I love the one at the top! Hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete