Saturday, April 28, 2012

6 weeks check-ups

This past Wednesday, Brady & I had to made a trip to Texarkana. I had my 6 week appointment and I had made him an appointment for the same day to have his stomach checked out. I was extremely nervous about making this trip all by myself. Brady has been very fussy lately and it's just always easier when you have someone around to help. But, everyone was at work, & I wanted to prove to myself that I could do this on my own. My appointment was at 10:15 so when Brady woke up at 5am to be fed, I fed him, pumped, then jumped in the shower while he slept. I had straightened my hair the night before, so that was one thing I didn't have to worry about doing. I got ready, got him fed & ready, pumped again, then headed out. I made it to the clinic with about 5 minutes to spare! Thank the Lord I got up when I did or I never would have made it! I put Brady in his stroller because his carrier is so heavy and I knew I'd be doing a lot of moving around. I wasn't expecting to have to do urine & blood work, so I had to take the stroller into the restroom and where they take blood. While giving blood he started crying so I held him. Then he used the restroom, so I took him back in the restroom. There wasn't a changing table in the restroom, so I had to lay a mat down and change him on the restroom floor. While on the floor I got a cramp in my hip and Brady peed all over himself! I thought I was going to have a nervous break down right then & there! It probably took me 10 minutes to get him changed! If someone would have been filming me, I might could have won some money cause I know the whole event had to be hilarious to watch! It was so good to see my doctor & her nurses again! I had seen them every week for 8 months, so 6 weeks without seeing them seemed like forever. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful & caring doctor. She is truly the best! I left the clinic around 12 and met my step-dad for lunch. After lunch I headed back to the clinic to take Brady to the pediatrician. He either has colic or acid reflux! Poor baby!!! He just screams his head off sometimes and it breaks my heart. But the doc gave us some things to try to help him out and I'm hoping they will work. So far he seems to be a little be better! So, I now know I can handle almost anything after the day I had Wednesday. However, Steven will be going back with me to the doc when we take Brady in for this 2 month shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment