Monday, April 16, 2012

1 month with Brady

Brady- 1 month
It’s so hard to believe that my baby boy is already 1 month old! This month has gone by so fast! It has been a wild and crazy month. Our lives are completely different but in a totally wonderful way. My house is a mess, I’m late everywhere I go, and I’m sleep deprived, but he’s SO worth it! Here’s what Brady has been up to this past month:
*Brady was born at 8lb 2oz. When we left the hospital on March 17th he weighed 7lb 11oz. When we took him to his first appointment on March 19th he was back up to 7lb 13oz. When we took him in for his 2 week check-up he was up to 9lb 2oz. And at 3 weeks he was 10lbs!!! He is a growing boy!!!
*I’m breastfeeding him. Actually, I pump and give it to him in a bottle. He’s now drinking 5oz.
*He does not sleep at night well at all! Occasionally he’ll sleep in his bassinette all night. On good nights he only wakes up 2 times for a feeding. He likes to sleep by me. I’m hoping we can get this changed soon!
*He has grown out of most of his newborn clothes and is wearing 0-3month clothes.
*He didn’t wear newborn diapers very long, he’s already in size 1 diapers.
*He has been out & about several times. Some people believe you should stay inside with your infants for several weeks, but I think it’s good to expose them to the outside world.
*He loves his pacifier, but honestly he prefers his thumb over the pacifier! I am doing my very best to keep his thumb out of his mouth, but it’s not easy…and it’s kind-of cute.
*Everything I’ve read says that you can’t spoil a newborn, but I think that’s wrong…He LOVES to be held and never wants to be put down.
*He makes the cutest little animal noises.
*He hates to be put in his car seat. Unless he’s asleep, he usually throws a major fit. I usually have to pull the car over and get in the back seat & hold him for a little while to get him calmed down.
*He’s got something against church. His first Sunday, he peed all over himself & Makenna. Thankfully, I had an extra pair of clothes with me. His second Sunday he took a major poop. Thankfully nothing happened yesterday!
*I left him for the first time when he was 4w1d old. He stayed with Kristian while I went to Texarkana and got a pedicure. I was only gone 2 ½ hours.
I can’t believe he’s already been here a month. I have loved every second of my time with him…even those late night feedings. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams with this sweet (and spoiled) baby boy!!!

3.15.12

4.15.12

No comments:

Post a Comment