Monday, August 24, 2015

Brady: School Days

I can't believe our little guy started Pre-K 3 today!! The fact that we're at the is point in his life is very unsettling for this mama. I can't seem to wrap my mind around just how fast Brady is growing up. A couple of months ago, I started considering putting Brady in a preschool. This past year has been so hard on him with our quintvasion and learning to live life as a family of eight. I didn't want to take him to a babysitter or daycare when I'm at home, but I really felt like he needed something that was all about him. He needed time away from the quints. So, we looked into a preschool at a church that's about 30 minutes from where we live. The three year old class only meets Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9am-12pm. So, when you put it into perspective that he's only going to be away for 9 hours a week, that didn't sound too bad to me. I did not want him to be in school all day every day, I feel he's way too young for that, but I think he'll do really well with a couple hours a week in a learning environment with kids his own age. I'm excited about this new adventure and I hope a pray this will be an awesome experience for him.

Meet the Teacher
Thursday, August 20th, Steven and I took Brady to meet his new teachers. He's in the Redbird class and his teachers are Ms. Kay and Ms. Holly. I was so nervous about Meet the Teacher. I seriously didn't know what to expect; I had butterflies in my tummy the whole time. His classroom was decorated very cute and his little classmates were adorable. I was even able to meet some of the moms and they were super nice. There was only one little thing I foresee being an issue for Brady, the Thomas the Train table. He loves Thomas and I don't know if he's going to be able to control himself when it comes to playing at the train table. We shall see....
Sitting in his chair.

He looks so big!

I loved seeing his name around the room.

Ms. Holly & Brady

The First Day
I woke up bright and early so I could get ready before the kids woke up. I got about halfway through my cereal when I heard Mia start crying, so I quickly and quietly went and got her before she woke everyone else up. I got almost everything together when the rest of the kids started waking up and help arrived. We got everyone fed, dressed, and I took as many first day pictures of Brady that he'd allow. We were loaded in the van and driving out of the driveway 2 minutes early! Steven met us at the school so he could be there to see Brady off. Walking up to the school, I felt the tears trying to form, but thankfully I kept it together. We got to his room and unloaded everything. His teachers greeted him and he was fine. He was more interested in playing at the train table than anything else. We took a quick family picture, gave him a kiss, and left. I don't think he ever knew when we left. None of us (Dad, Mom, or Brady) cried on the first day of school!!!!!

The whole time he was at school I kept wondering if my phone was going to ring. I wondered how he acted once he realized we'd left him. I wondered how he was behaving and getting along with the other kids in class. Thankfully, I never got a call. However, when I picked him up, his teacher told me he had to sit in the Thinking Chair for not following directions. I was so embarrassed. I had a bad feeling he was going to get in trouble on the first day of school and I was right. Hopefully, he will get the hang of school and will make good decisions from this point on. He did tell me that he wasn't going back to school anymore, so tomorrow should be interesting! I'm really not looking forward to dropping him off in the morning. We need lots of prayers!  :)

I had all his stuff ready by the door.
One of my friends gave me this backpack for free and another friend painted Brady's name on it (also free). So he has a cute monogramed backpack and it didn't cost us a dime!! I've got the best friends ever!!!

Eating his oatmeal

As you can see, getting Brady to up at the camera and smile is not an easy task!

I bought this picture frame at Hobby Lobby and painted the glass with chalkboard paint. I use it for lots of occasions.

Aunt Kris stopped by to wish him well.

All About Brady

This week all the kids take a Teddy Bear to school with them. He loves his bear. They were supposed to name the bear and he had been calling it George all weekend, then today he decided it was Teddy Bear. 
I can't believe how fast my baby boy is growing up!
Not excited to be heading to school.

I love this picture and the two guys in it!!!

Heading towards the Train Table.

Ms. Kay giving him and Teddy Bear a name tag.

Family selfie... He was crying because I took him away from the Train Table to try to get a picture with him.

When I left, we was busy playing with the trains.
Overall, I think his first day went well. Let's hope he doesn't need time in the Thinking Chair anymore!  :-)


For more adventures with the Six Sweet Seals, you can follow us on Facebook by going to Six Sweet Seals!

No comments:

Post a Comment