Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Steps in the right direction

We went to Dallas this past weekend to visit our good friends, Paula & Dave; we shopped and ate, then repeated the process. I always love going to Dallas.

Monday we had our appointment with the Reproductive Endocrinologist. We were very impressed with Dr. Chantilis. He sat down with us and thoroughly went through my charts and asked lots of questions. Steven & I were both so nervous…there were times when I thought I was going to lose it and start crying but I held it together. After our consultation, he said he was going to examine me. I was kind-of taken back, I really wasn’t expecting to be examined but I’m glad he did it. He did an ultrasound and found that I have cysts on my ovaries. My condition is callas Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and it affects my hormones. I’m so glad he was able to find something because now we have a better clue as to what steps to take to have a normal, healthy, complete pregnancy. I am, however, completely shocked that I have this disorder. I had no idea. I’ve done a lot of reading the past two days trying to get better acquainted with the disorder and I do have a few symptoms, but not too many. Most women tend to be: over weight (and I’m far from that), have irregular periods (mine are regular), have unwanted hair on certain parts of their body (I’m a very hairy person, but I always have been so I never thought anything of it), infertility (I haven’t had any problem getting pregnant, in fact I’ve gotten pregnant the first month of trying all 3 times), and acne (ever since I got off birth control pills I’ve had a terrible time with my complexion). The doc also took more blood so we’re waiting to hear back on that to know what’s going on with my hormones. My uterus is still enlarged from my pregnancy so I’m going to go back after I have 2 periods and he’s going to look at my uterus with a scope. I’m praying I’ll start my period when I should.

So all-in-all I feel good about how things went. I’m choosing to be positive and just lean on God to get me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment