Thursday, March 28, 2013

Brady's 1st b-day: The Birthday Boy

This is my final post about Brady's 1st birthday party.....I promise! This is also the most important birthday post... The Birthday Boy! I still can't believe he's already a year old. That was probably the fastest year of my life. I know I say it a lot, but we're so blessed to have Brady in our lives. I will never be able to thank God enough for giving us this precious little boy to love.
Chewing on his fingers.... he recently got his 8th tooth!

"Where's the cake, mom?"

"I wonder what this feels like?"

"Hey, I wonder what that thing is glowing on top."

"Might as well give this a try...looks like that's what everyone is waiting for..."

"Yum, that was good. Got to make sure I get every last bite."

"This is funny. I'm making a mess and mom isn't doing anything about it."

My handsome birthday boy.


"Is this for me?"

"Cool! Legos!!"
"Why did she take that away from me??!?!?! I wasn't finished with it!!! (This is when the meltdown began.)

"That's it! I want out of here! I've had enough of this nonsense!" (Meltdown was in full swing here. But mama managed to keep a "fake" smile on her face. What she'd like to do was wear some legs out!)


"I'm not playing with you woman! I want out of here right this instant!!!"
"This is more like it...The birthday boy ALWAYS gets his way." (This was my answer for the meltdown..no I don't think you need to give them everything they want, but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. And I managed to keep a smile on my face.)

"I'm done. I. AM. DONE!!!"

"Thank goodness...she finally got the message."

So this is what ended up happening...mom & dad had to open all the presents.
 
He loves books.

He still has those big pretty blue eyes.

He always has that big toe curled up.

This is his.. "I know I'm rotten and I love it" face.
I know Brady will never remember this birthday party, but it sure was special to me. There were times when I thought I'd never have the chance to plan a first birthday party, so I wanted to enjoy every single moment of this wonderful day. Happy 1st Birthday Brady!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment