Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Brady's First Field Trip

Today was Brady's first school field trip and it was to a local pumpkin patch. I contemplated taking the quints along for the fun but decided against it when they all got sick last week. Plus, I want Brady to get to have fun at these special events that are for him. The quints get all the attention when they are out and about and it breaks my heart to see Brady left out of so many things. People want to hear all about the quints but not so much about Brady. He's known as the quints' big brother and I think that's a little unfair, even though it's true, he's so much more than just their big brother. It is a lot of work to keep us with the quints and I didn't want all my attention to be on keeping up with them and making sure they were safe and taken care of, plus it was pretty cold this morning and I didn't want them out in the cool air. So, I decided to make this a fun mama & Brady day. (The quints were in good hands with Aunt Marty, Mekisha, & McCall.)

Our morning started with breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I thought it would be a nice treat to get a good home cooked meal before all the pumpkin fun started. Brady was pretty grouchy when I woke him up extra early but he did wonderful at breakfast. He ate 2 biscuits with gravy and I enjoyed and yummy pancake. Then we met Daddy and he rode with us to the pumpkin patch. Brady loved having both of us all to himself for a couple of hours. This was my first experience being around all the kids in Brady's class and everyone was very well behaved. I love seeing Brady interacting with other kids his age. At the pumpkin patch the kids walked through pumpkins, had story time, enjoyed a hayride (which was Brady's favorite part), games, and a bounce house. All the kids left with their own tiny pumpkin. It was a lot of fun and a great experience for all. Afterwards, the three of us enjoyed lunch before Daddy had to return to work and we headed home to our babies.
He ate so good. He's a very picky eater so it always makes me happy to see him eat.
Pumpkin were everywhere!
I sure love this big guy.
Mr. Pumpkin Head
Love the pose.
Look how big he is!
Sitting beside his buddy Knox learning all about pumpkins.
Not really wanted to stop for pictures. I'm thankful I got a few good ones.

Checking things out.

So much fun on the slide.
I love getting to spend time with Brady. We had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch!

xoxo,
Michelle

Thanks for following our amazing journey. You can also follow us on Facebook at Six Sweet Seals.

No comments:

Post a Comment