Saturday, October 17, 2015

Team Paula 2015

The Texarkana Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure was today. Our team, Team Paula, was a huge success. This was our second year to have a team in honor of my sweet friend Paula who is a breast cancer survivor. We had an awesome team, lots of fun, and we have raised over $3,000!!!! Here's a few pictures from our fun-filled day.
My walking buddies, Shelley & Katie.
I brought Brady along for the fun this year.
He was cold, but he had a good time.

Katie & Brady
He sure loves him some Katie!
Snuggling with Aunt Kayla.
I pushed Brady the first mile and Katie pushed him the last 2.2 miles. He was excellent the whole time.
I'm so glad I had this little guy with me every step of the way. :)
We had planned on taking the quints to the race but three of them (M,T,R) have the stomach virus so they cheered Team Paula on from home.
Me, my mom, Kayla (sister), & Kristian (sister)

Susie & Paula
Some of our team members couldn't make it to the race but they still supported us. This is my cousin Jessica and her daughter Jacey wearing their Team Paula shirts.
After the race, Paula stopped by the house to get some snuggles from the quints. Hopefully she won't catch the stomach virus. :(
I'm so blessed to call this strong woman my friend. I love her so much and I'm so proud of how far she's come! God is good!
This is most of our team!
Join me in praying for a cure for all cancers! It's a terrible disease and I don't want to see any more of my friends or family be affected by the dreaded C word.

xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment