Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween 2015

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I enjoy getting dressed up and dressing the family up, it's fun to go from house to house begging for candy...but other than that, Halloween is pretty low-key around here. Neither Steven nor I like scary movies or anything scary for that matter so I keep the Halloween decorating G rated. In fact, I decorate for fall and leave those decorations up from September until Thanksgiving; it saves time and money. This year I had a few extra Halloween decoration thanks to Mr. Brady. His teachers do the cutest arts & craft projects and I love displaying his creations.

So, this year our family dressed up as Toy Story. We had so much fun having family themed Halloween costumes last year (101 Dalmatians), so I wanted to continue that to this year. I don't know how many years I'll be able to talk the whole crew into dressing as a family theme so I'm going to take full advantage while I can. Steven & I were Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head, Brady was Woody, Brant was Buzz Lightyear, Mia was Workout Barbie, Tessa was the piggy bank, Gracie was Jessie, and Rayleigh was Little Bo Peep. Everyone looked so cute and the best part was that I only spent a total of $30 on all 8 of our costumes. I decided on our theme back in the summer and quickly got started planning everything out. The key to getting good deals is to start early. I used brown shirts that Steven and I had in our closets and my friend McCall painted the potato faces on them. My friend found Brady's Woody costume at a consignment sale for $4. I got Rayleigh & Mia's costumes from a consignment sale, both were less than $10. I borrowed Tessa's pig costume from my friend Jessica for free. My stepmom made Gracie's Jessie costume for me for free. Brant was the only costume I bought from the store and it was on sale for $10. I love a good deal, especially with such a big family.

It rained a lot the week leading up to Halloween, it even rained the morning of Halloween. Thankfully all the rain stopped around lunch so we were able to get out with the kids. We only went to 3 houses this year. I wanted to go to more houses but we ran out of time. We took the kids to a Trunk or Treat at the church where Brady goes to school. The quints stayed in their stroller and Brady got out and played on in bounce house and big blow up slide. There was more fun things to do but we didn't want to push our luck with the quints. They were so good the whole time we were at the Trunk or Treat. Afterwards, we went to my sister's house for more fun with family and friends.

Here's a look at our Halloween fun!

First we enjoyed our first school Halloween party. It was rather different being on the parent side of things at the party, but I enjoyed it.
A friend of mine that I go to church with made these for Brady's class. Super cute and they are also yummy.
Brady and his teachers, Miss Holly & Miss Kay.

Love my Woody!

I attempted to get a group picture of all the kids but as you can see, it didn't go so well.








Mia was the cutest Workout Barbie.

Her leggings were socks that we cut the foot out of.





Tessa was the cutest Piggy Bank ever!








Thank you Jessica for letting me use Mary Ella's costume!

Rayleigh was precious as Little Bo Peep.

Rayleigh's is wearing one of my old bonnets. 





Gracie was perfect as our Jessie.







Not liking her bows.


Brady looks so grown up here.

Brant was an awesome Buzz Lightyear.




Brady had fun at the church Halloween party. Here he is with Gavin.

Brady's craft projects really made our house very festive.

I love our Halloween sacks. I got them from Pottery Barn.
Trunk or Treating on Halloween night.
We loaded up on the golf cart and hit up a few houses on our street. Thankfully my mom, aunt Marty and cousin Kara helped us out.






 And just for fun and laughs, I put Brady's old Halloween costumes on the kids. Brady was a frog for his first Halloween and he was a sheriff for the second one. Brant tried on the sheriff costume and Mia tried on the frog one. Brady was a little jealous of Mia being in the frog costume and tried to squeeze into it himself. Bless his heart, he just couldn't understand why it wouldn't fit him. The costume was a 6-12 month and he wears 3T clothes now.
Sheriff Brant



Brady trying to squeeze into his frog costume.






Little froggy Mia


Hope you had a wonderful Halloween with your family!!! We had a blast this year!
xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment