Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Another holiday is in the books. This year is just about over. We celebrated Thanksgiving with our whole family last night and it was so much fun! Steven and I built our house in 2008, we moved in December 23, 2008, just in time for Christmas (and yes, I put up my Christmas tree just 2 days before Christmas). Every year since, we've always had both of our families come over for a non-traditional meal for the holidays. For Thanksgiving, we gather at our house the Wednesday night before and for Christmas we gather together on the night of the 23rd. This year we had Tex-Mex (my favorite) for dinner. The food was delicious and the company was even better. We have so much fun at our get-together. It's low-key and I make sure we're all in close proximity. After dinner we always play a game called Scream-O and it is so much fun! Here's a few pictures from our Thanksgiving.
Kayla & Tessa

Our family has gotten so big (thanks to the quints...lol) that we have to eat in the garage. 


Mia getting a taste of desserts.

Brant with a sweet tooth.

Gigi and Gracie

Brant watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

Brady

Brady helping me prepare dinner.
Today, Thanksgiving Day, we went to my mom's for lunch. She cooked a traditional Thanksgiving meal and it was delicious. We only made one stop today because it's just too hard to go to several different places with the kids. It's easier for everyone to come to us because the quints get into everything and most of our families' homes are not child-proofed, which means we're constantly having to get the kids out of something they're not suppose to be in, and it's just no fun when that's all you do the whole time you're out. Here's some pictures from our day with my family.
Kristian & Brant

Brady

Mia

Gracie & Nana

Gavin & Tessa

Tessa

Mia

Kristian, Rayleigh & me

Me & Rayleigh

Tessa & Nana

Brant 
Feeding himself.

Gracie & Kris

My niece and nephews (Makenna, Gavin, & Gage) 
Pops & Nana with all their grands.

Gage, Makenna, & Mia

Kayla & Gracie

Steven being lazy.  ;)

Brady & Kris

Tessa getting into trouble.

Gracie stole Kristian's phone. Look at her guilty face!



Rayleigh trying on high heel shoes for the first time.
Tessa getting a turn with the high heel shoes.
This year, my friends and I made the kids' Thanksgiving shirts. I couldn't find 6 cute Thanksgiving shirts for cheap so I decided I'd try to make them myself. The shirts turned out cute and I learned a few good lessons with this first try. 
The kids had a turkey shirt and I made myself a shirt that says 'blessed'.



Brant & Gracie

Gracie & Rayleigh

Mia
So, I know a lot of people will not agree with me on this next subject, but that's okay, different strokes for different folks.... I do not decorate my house for Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over. There, I said it, man it feels good to get that off my chest. lol  But seriously, I really hate how Thanksgiving gets overlooked. I feel that Christmas is worth waiting for and I want my kids to understand what Thanksgiving is all about. So here's what our house looked like for Thanksgiving. Thanks to Brady (and his teachers) we had lots of cute Thanksgiving crafts around the house.




Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!! I hope you have a blessed holiday season!
xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment