Friday, December 11, 2015

Jalapeño Popper Dip

This time of the year, people typically have several get-togethers they attend. Today I'm sharing with you one of my most favorite recipes for any occasion. I don't remember where I found this recipe but it sure is a crowd pleaser and it's super easy and cheap to make (it doesn't get much better than cheap and easy!). You can make the dip as spicy or mild as you desire; all you have to do is add or decrease the hot ingredients to suit your tastebuds. The dip is best when it's served fresh out of the oven and warm.

Jalapeño Popper Dip
2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese
2 cups of shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1 bunch of green onions
2 - 4oz cans of chopped jalapeños

Mix all together and put into a 9 inch round dish. Bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.
*Spicy food*
Gather all the ingredients and utensils.
The cream cheese needs to be room temperature. If you're like me and wait to the last minute to do everything then you can take the cream cheese out of the wrapping, put it in a bowl, and microwave it for 20 seconds. That will soften it right up.
Add shredded cheese.
Chop up the green onions and toss them in the bowl.
Add the jalapeños. The recipe calls for 2 cans of jalapeños, however, when I'm making this dip for a special occasion or group settings (like a church function), I only add one cup of jalapeños because I don't want it to be too hot for people (or kids) that can't handle hot/spicy food. 
Mix all the ingredients together.

Transfer to a serving dish and cook in the oven until brown and bubbly.

*I like to get all the ingredients mixed up and ready earlier in the day, put it in the refridgerator, get other things done, then all I have to do right before I need it is toss it in the oven for 30 minutes. 
Cheese is all melted and smells yummylious!
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Happy Cooking!
xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment