Saturday, May 19, 2012

2 months with Brady

Brady- 2 months It’s amazing how much Brady changes each week…much less in a month. I think things are starting to settle down a little bit and we’re all getting more comfortable with each other. That first month took Steven & me by surprise. We didn’t know what had hit us when we brought Brady home from the hospital. It was a total life-changing event but one that has brought us so much joy and love! Here’s what Brady has been up to this past month: *We took Brady to his 2 month wellness checkup yesterday and he now weighs 13lbs 1oz (80 percentile). He’s now 23 ¾ inches long (79 percentile) and his head is 15 ½ inches around (34 percentile). *For the past 2 weeks I’ve been trying to dry up my breast milk, so as of yesterday, Brady is now a formula fed baby. He takes between 4-5 oz each feeding (sometimes a little less). I took him to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and he has colic/acid reflux so when he was 6 weeks old we started putting rice cereal in his milk. The cereal has really filled him up and that’s the reason he’s not eating so much. *Since beginning the cereal, Brady is sleeping a lot better at night. We usually only have to get up once to feed him and that’s usually between 3:30-5am. We are very pleased with his nighttime sleeping progress and hope that continues to go well. * This week we’ve started our bedtime routine earlier and I’m hoping in a week or two, we will have a good routine established. *Brady is now wearing 3 month clothes, he can even wear some 3-6 month clothes (with a little growing room). *He’s still wearing size 1 diapers. *He loves taking baths, and hates it when you take him out. *He’s still attached to his pacifier. *He still loves to be held but is doing much better when we put him down. He is exploring the world around him a lot more and is content being on his back playing. However, he doesn’t like tummy time, so I haven’t really pushed him to do it too much. *He makes the cutest little animal noises. *He is doing a lot better in his infant carrier. I still sit in the back seat with him when someone is in the car with him, but he’s doing a lot better. *He’s still not a fan of church. I haven’t been able to sit through an entire church service since he’s been born. *He is smiling on his own now. He’s got the cutest little grin…I think he’s going to be a lady’s man. *He still have blue eyes and they are so pretty. I was a little disappointed when he was born that he didn’t have big brown eyes, but his eyes are beautiful. I actually would like them to stay blue now. *He’s getting a little more hair and I think it’s going to be brown, but he doesn’t have enough yet for me to be certain. *He’s holding his head up very well these days. It’s amazing how much he’s able to do in just one month. *He followings things with his eyes when you move it in front of his face. *He tries to stand up when you hold him up…I think he’s going to be a very busy little boy. *He tries to talk to me…I love to hear him coo. *He knows how to poke his bottom lip out when he’s upset…It’s going to be hard to say no to him. *I think he’s getting very close to really laughing…he hasn’t quiet done it yet but I think it could happen any day now. I’m amazed how much he’s changed this month. He’s becoming more fun to watch each day. I’m loving every second of every day I have with him. It makes me sad to think that in 3 short months I’ll be going back to work and leaving him with a babysitter. I’m trying to enjoy every second of my time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment