Monday, June 18, 2012

3 months with Brady

Brady- 3 months
I can’t believe Brady has already been a part of our lives for 3 months now! These past 3 months have gone by so fast. I’m amazed at how much he’s changed over the past 3 months! He’s a completely different baby now compared to the day we brought him home. I honestly thought he was stay tiny a lot longer than he did.

 Here’s what Brady has been up to this past month:
*I think he weighs around 14lbs. He hasn’t been back to the doctor since his 2 month checkup so that’s unofficial.
*He eats between 4-5 oz of formula each feeding (sometimes a little less). He gets 1 tbsp of rice cereal per ounce of milk.
 *Until this week, Brady was sleeping through the night. I don’t know what has happened to him this week but he hasn’t slept well at all! I’m ready for the Brady who sleeps through the night to come back to us!
* He is doing good with our bedtime routine. Around 8-8:30 I can tell he’s starting to get tired… I may start putting him down sooner, but I don’t want him to start waking up earlier… I’m not really sure what I should do.
*Right now, he still sleeps in the bassinet beside our bed. I’m seriously considering moving him back to his room & his crib very soon. I definitely want him in his crib before I go back to work in August so a part of me thinks we should start fighting that battle now while I can still rest & recover during the day if it doesn’t go so well.
*He is almost too big to wear just 3 month clothing. He fits comfortably in 3 to 6 month clothes.
*He’s wearing a size 2 diaper now.
 *He loves taking baths, and hates it when you take him out.
*He’s still attached to his pacifier.
*He still loves to be held but is doing much better when we put him down. He is exploring the world around him a lot more and is content being on his back playing.
*He still isn’t a fan of tummy time. I’m concerned he’s going to be delayed on rolling over and crawling because he doesn’t spend much time at all on his stomach.
*He makes the cutest little animal noises.
*He is doing a lot better in his infant carrier. I still sit in the back seat with him when someone is in the car with us, but he’s doing a lot better.
*He’s doing a lot better in church. I have actually been able to sit through an entire service without having to take him out a couple of times.
*He smiles all the time.
* He is really starting to try to talk more and more. It’s so cute to carry on a conversation with him.
*His new trick is blowing bubbles!
*He drools all the time. I’m wondering if he’s about to cut a tooth?? My mom said I cut my first tooth at 4 months…so I guess it’s possible that could happen to him as well.
*His eyes are still blue.
*He’s getting more and more hair on top, but starting to lose a little in the back where he lays all the time. *He’s holding his head up all the time.
*He followings things with his eyes and will move his head to follow something.
*He tries to stand up when you hold him up.
* He is fascinated by his hands. He will hold them out and just stare at them. He’s also chewing on his hands a lot more these days.
*He has no problem at all with letting you know that he’s unhappy. He can throw some major fits.

So that’s what my little man has been up to this past month. I fall more & more in love with him each day.
6.15.12
5.15.12
 4.15.12
 3.15.12

No comments:

Post a Comment