Saturday, June 22, 2013

15 months with Brady



Summer is in full swing and I’m really enjoying my time with my sweet baby boy. It’s so hard to believe he’s 15 months old. He changes so much every day. I’m amazed how fast he picks up on things. Here’s what he’s been up to this past month.

Brady’s 15 months stats: weighs- 23lb 6oz (58%); length- 30in (10%); head- 19in (86%)

*He’s finally starting to talk. He can say bible, Jesus, daddy, tractor, bye-bye, ball, and last but not least he is finally saying MAMA!!! I’m so happy!!!
*He is a tough little guy. He hardly ever cries. He has a lot of bruises and scratches and I don’t know where they came from because he never says anything when it happens.
*He is very fast, especially when he’s got something he shouldn’t have and I’m trying to get it away from him.
*He likes to dance. When he goes to my grandmother’s house, he gets on top of her kitchen table and dances around. Of course, everyone encourages him to do this, and laugh at him, which makes him want to do it more.
*He’s very gassy, especially during prayers at church.
*His teachers at church say he  knows what’s going on and can do what they want him to do.
*He loves the water. When we put him in the pool he starts kicking.
*He is stingy. If a kid has a toy, he’s going to go take it away from them. We’re going to have to work with him on that.
*He’s a pro at sleeping. He gets very grumpy when he’s tired.
*He’s got a mouth full of teeth & he’ll bite you if you put your figure in his mouth.
*He’s a pretty good eater. He loves yogurt, breads, and biscuits & gravy. I make him drink lots of water; he’s not a big milk drinker.
*He gives the best hugs.
*He’s still very social and will go to almost anyone who wants to play with him. He doesn’t want people to hold him much, but he loves to play around and be silly.
*He loves being outside. He loves riding the 4-wheeler, tractor, and his Pap’s blue truck.
*If you ask him how old he is, he can hold up his first finger to say 1.
*He loves to pick his nose and he usually does it when there’s a lot of people around.
*He’s wearing 18 month clothes, size 5 in shoes, and size 4 diapers.

Funny story, the doctor was examining Brady at his check-up and said he looked good and healthy and I said, ‘really, he’s only in the 10th percentile in height’, the doc said how tall are you and your hubby..so I told him and he did a little configuring and said that Brady will be about 5’6”-5’8” when he grows up! Poor kid, he doesn’t have a chance to be tall. I’m glad to know he’s healthy and I’m not going to worry about his height anymore. If he’s short, then he’s just going to be short. I will always love him no matter what!

Brady is such a joy to be around. I couldn’t have picked a more perfect baby to call mine. He’s the most wonderful blessing to have ever happen to Steven & I and we’re having so much fun with him each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment