Sunday, June 30, 2013

NYC - 2013

My hubby and I took a quick trip to the Big Apple this past week. We arrived in NYC Wednesday afternoon and left Friday morning, so it was very quick! We've been to NYC before and did the whole sightseeing adventure/touristy stuff back in 2009 so this time we did some things that we weren't able to do last time. Wednesday night we went on a dinner cruise and got to see the city at night. It truly is beautiful to see all the tall buildings lit up. The weather was perfect and it was nice to get dressed up and spend the evening with my sweetheart. Thursday we went to a Yankee game. It just so happened the Texas Rangers were in town and we cheered our Rangers on to a win!!! We weren't, however, brave enough to wear our Rangers shirts. I think you'd have to be crazy to do that! The ball game was a day game so that gave us time that night to go to Time Square and eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and just walk around and take in all the sights of the Big Apple.

We had a wonderful "mommy/daddy getaway" trip to NYC. It was the first time we've ever left Brady, ever! He's never spent the night away from us in his life. My sister, Kristian & Gavin, was nice enough to stay at our house while we were gone so Brady would be comfortable and able to sleep at night. I sure missed my little guy while I was gone. I knew he was fine and happy, but it was still so hard to be so far away. This trip was really good for Steven & me. It was nice to just get away and relax. It was nice to just focus on us. I'm so blessed to have such a sweet and loving husband. He likes to spend time with me and go and do things I like to do. He really is my best friend and I can't imagine what life would be without him.
Riding a taxi is always an adventure and scary!

The subway was stinky and hot but a good & fast way to get around.

My sweetheart on the dinner cruise.

Me :)

Such a pretty sunset.

Brooklyn Bridge behind us.

The new World Trade Center (Freedom Tower). At night it is lit up red, white, and blue.

Game day @ Yankee Stadium... a dream come true for me!

It was a hot day for a 1pm game! But we're from Texas so we're used to hot!


First pitch of the game.

Love him! :)

Rangers win 2-0!!!!!

Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square

Taking in the sights of the Big Apple.

We walked like 2 miles for some Baskin Robin's ice cream! 
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment