Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015

This Easter is probably the most special Easter of all, for us. We celebrated as a family of 8! Our quints were a few weeks old last Easter and were in the NICU. Last year, I came home and celebrated with Brady then left and drove back to Dallas to visit the quints in the NICU. It was tough to be torn between my kids (Brady back home and the quints in Dallas). We got through it and God has brought us to this year. Because the quints were premature (29 weekers) we have kept them away from crowds, in hopes to keep them healthy. Now that RSV season is almost over, we decided to take the babies to church for the first time Sunday. It was so wonderful to have all of us at church together. Usually, Steven and I take turns going to church on Sunday mornings and my stepmom comes on Sunday and Wednesday nights and lets us go together. The babies did so good at church. Gracie got a little loud and had to be taken out, but she finally feel asleep. By the time church was over, all 4 girls were asleep. Our church family was wonderful and respected our wishes to not touch the babies. I'm praying the quints stay healthy and we can take them to church every Sunday.
Six little Easter basket. :)

Rayleigh

Gracie

Mia

Tessa

Brant

Brady

My peeps!

Mia

Gracie

Rayleigh


Tessa
Brant
The quints in Sunday School class for the first time.

Saturday, we celebrated Easter with our family. We knew that the babies would be exhausted from going to church, so we decided not to go anywhere after church. So on Saturday we had our families come over for an Easter Egg Hunt and desserts. The day was sunny and beautiful (Sunday turned out to be rainy and cold so I'm glad we did everything Saturday). We hunted eggs and just enjoyed being together as a family.

I made a carrot cake.

The dessert table


Papa Berney & Rayleigh
Brady is Mr. Serious

The big kids drove around on the golf cart.

Grandma & Mia

Gracie ready to take a swing at the piñata!

Gracie & Mia checking out the piñata.

Gavin did most of the work on the piñata.

Then Brady finished it off.

Fighting for candy.

Lined up & ready to hunt some eggs. 
Brady was off, but didn't find eggs...I guess he didn't understand the concept of hunting for eggs.
Of course, I had to decorate the house for Easter, so here's a peek around our house.
6 little bunnies & light up eggs  :)

If you have read my blog long, you know I'm obsessed with my kids hand/foot prints.  I'm so  in love with these bunnies and their carrots (Had to make 2 bunnies to accommodate all 6 kids). :)

What's Easter without pastel M&M's?!?! And of course, you're not a Southerner unless you have some  Mason jars around the house. ;)
For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not parish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16

I can't thank God enough for blessing us with our family. God is so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment