Wednesday, January 15, 2014

22 Months with Brady

I can't believe Brady is 22 months old today. In 2 short months he'll be 2 years old. It doesn't seem possible. My baby is really starting to grow into a little boy. I love this age. He is so funny and is becoming more independent each day. He's also talking a lot more which makes it fun to carry on a conversation with him. Here's a few things he's been up to the last 2 months since I last posted about him.
-He can count to 2!!! It's so funny but he'll say 1, 2, pause, 1, 2, pause, over and over again. He'll even count and want one of his cousins to go hide. I've tried to teach him to say 3,4,5.... But he just continues on with his 1, 2... I love it!
-He has always loved watching Wheel of Fortune and lately I've noticed he'll repeat the letters after the contestants call one out. I told Steven last night...wouldn't it be nice if he learned the alphabet from Wheel of Fortune? lol
-We've got him back on a sleeping schedule and he's doing very well. Over Christmas break he was staying up late with us and getting up late and he wasn't taking a nap everyday... He's not a pleasant boy to be around when he hasn't had enough sleep so when Steven went back to work last week, I made sure I got Brady up at 7am and he's going to bed around 9pm and is sleeping through the night again... Life is good when we all get to sleep through the night... We better enjoy these days before the Fab 5 arrive....
-Brady loves to say prayers. He will break out into a prayer at any moment. It's easy to know when he's praying because he clasps his hands together and gets a very stern look on his face. It's the funniest thing, but also makes me so happy.
-On Sunday nights, at church, the preacher brings all the kids down to the front and they sing songs and go over verses from the bible. The past 3 weeks, Brady has gotten up, in front of the whole church, and led Jesus Loves Me. It doesn't get any better than that.
-He can say "I love you" and it's the sweetest words I've ever heard. He just melts my heart.
-He loves taking showers with his daddy.
-He loves going for rides with his daddy. If someone is going somewhere, he wants to go too. He hates being stuck in the house.
-He is obsessed with the movie Frosty the Snowman. I recorded it when it was on tv before Christmas and he watches it about 10 times everyday. The past couple of days I've started telling him no when he says Frosty. I don't want him to be glued to the tv that much. But it is nice to have something that'll keep his attention for a little while so we can get some things done around the house every once in a while.
-I don't think he's grown too much lately. He still wears between 18 month to 2 T clothes. I think he weighs under 30lbs still. He'll go back to the doctor when he's 2 yrs old.
-He loves oatmeal. He eats it every morning. He also loves yogurt, cereal, bananas, those to go applesauce packs, and mash potatoes. He's pretty good about eating meats also. And he still loves Mexican food.

I worry about Brady so much. With everything that's gone on the past 20 months with my pregnancy I feel like I've missed out so much with him. I'm so big now that I really can't hold him anymore. I'm not suppose to lift anything so I usually have to sit and let him climb up in my lap and even then it hurts for him to snuggle up to me. He seems fine and everyone tells me he will be fine but my heart hurts so bad to think that I can't do all the things I want to do with him. I never leave the house anymore because  I'm suppose to lay flat so to be around me, he's stuck inside more than he'd like. I also worry about what he's going to think when I have to be in Dallas for the quints. Probably sooner than later, I'll be living in Dallas just in case something happens and I need to be close to the hospital. I don't know how I'm going to handle not seeing him every day. I just hope my family will bring him to Dallas as much as possible so I can see him. I worry he's going to think I left him or don't love him. I also worry about him when the quints come home. There's a lot of excitement surrounding the quints and I don't want Brady to be forgotten about or left out in any way. I know it will be an adjustment for all 3 of us but he's so used to having all our attention, all the time, I think he's going to have the hardest time adjusting to everything. I pray he'll love the babies and they'll all grow up and have a great relationship.
We put big boy undies on him one night but he wasn't having it. He kept trying to take them off. He loves to be naked.

He loves to lick the butter off corn but doesn't usually eat the corn.

He loves Elmo. He would go up to the shirt when it was hanging up and hug it. He's so funny.

Trying to escape.
 No matter what, Brady will always be my baby boy. I love him to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment