Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas 2013

I'm still amazed how fast Christmas arrived and passed this year. I guess a lot of that is credited to how much we have going on in our lives right now. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. It seems like the older I get, the more I think back to when I was a kid and how excited I got each year for Christmas. I was always so excited for Santa to come. I hope Brady and the quints will be the same way. I hope to create new traditions with our family that they will think back on when they're grown and smile about.

One thing we have at our home for Christmas is the Elf on the Shelf. I bought one last year after Christmas on sell. There are so many cute ideas that the Elf can do, I thought it was the cutest idea for a Christmas tradition. I wasn't going to bring the Elf out this year, I figured Brady was too young and wouldn't understand, but I changed my mind because of my nephew Gavin. He has an Elf and I didn't want him questioning why Brady didn't have one. So I thought and thought about a name for the Elf. It has to be a boy elf since we have Brady. I wanted a name to go with Christmas, but every name I could come up with was a girly name. Finally, I thought I one of my very favorite Christmas shows, Elf, and asked Steven what the elf's name is in that movie, and we settled on Buddy. So we have an elf named Buddy. I'm so glad we decided on that name because Brady could say Buddy. Brady loved Buddy! He and Gavin would wake up every morning and search for Buddy. They were so excited to find him. Buddy had to stay up high so he didn't get touched by curious little hands. I love our new Christmas tradition.

Before Christmas we took Brady to Jefferson to take a Christmas train ride. Let's just say it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. He wasn't ready to be stuck on a train for any amount of time without being let down.
Right before Christmas, my doctor put me on bed rest. She told me I needed to lay flat more than I was up, so I was pretty lazy the whole time. But Brady seemed to enjoy his 2nd Christmas and we got to be with all our family. Spending time with the people you love most is my favorite thing about Christmas.
He got lots of new trucks and tractors for Christmas.

Christmas at my grandmother's house

Silly boy

He loves Elmo so Kristian and Gavin got him an Elmo chair. He also got an electric toothbrush and didn't want to let it down. He has something for toothbrushes.

Santa brought Brady a tractor...and he wasn't impressed. He wanted nothing to do with it and still hasn't rode it. *Sigh*

Speaking of Santa, Brady wanted no part of him this year. *Sigh again*

The 2 loves of my life.

Oh how I love this boy....He makes my heart melt!



No comments:

Post a Comment