Thursday, January 16, 2014

Quints Pregnancy- 20 weeks

If I were a "normal" pregnant girl, I'd be half-way through my pregnancy now. However, as we all know, I'm anything but normal, so I'm past my half-way mark. My goal is to make it to April. At the beginning of April I'll be 30 weeks....I hope so badly I make it.

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm on complete bed rest. No work, no lifting, no staying on my feet very long...so for the most part, I lay in bed all day because that's where I'm the most comfortable. I wouldn't say I enjoy bed rest, but it's honestly not as bad as I thought. Brady goes to his babysitter during the day so I'm all alone from 7ish to 4ish. I love it when everyone gets home.

I feel the babies move all the time. Their little kicks and jabs and moves are the best part of being pregnant, in my opinion. It's the most amazing feeling in the world. I'm trying to enjoy every second of them being inside me because I know this is my last pregnancy. Plus, when I feel them move it lets me know they are okay.

Last week, when I went to see my ob/gyn in Texarkana, my stomach was measuring the size of a 30-31 wk pregnancy instead of  a 19 wks pregnancy. So, I look like I'm about 8 months pregnant. I have gained 24lbs up to this point. I weighed 129lbs last Wed. I'm pretty surprised I'm not heaver, I figured I'd be 150lbs by this point. I'm sure I'll get there soon enough.

My back and ribs hurt all the time. So far, that's the most uncomfortable part of this pregnancy. I don't sleep well at night, it's just hard to get in a comfortable position, and usually as soon as I do get pretty comfortable, I have to get up and pee. It's a vicious cycle.

We go to the my doc in the Dallas tomorrow. We'll see my doc first and she'll check my cervix and measure the babies and make sure they are all measuring on track, then we'll see a fetal cardiologist and have all the babies' hearts checked. I'm very nervous about our appointment tomorrow. I pray that the babies are all still looking healthy.
20 wks

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I just stumbled on your blog, and congratulations x5! You must be so excited, and I'm praying for your pregnancy journey. Speaking about quints, you look fabulous, and quite amazing for having 5! I'm also expecting multiples, and I would love to chat with you. My email is btseng817@gmail.com, and I hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers for you and those precious babies growing inside you! God is with them knitting them together!! I'll have my Childress church family covering you in prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Misty Roark..my husband Jason and I will be praying for you daily!

      Delete
  3. I’m glad that despite the fact that you’re on a complete bed rest, you’re still enjoying this. How was your appointment, btw? I hope you heard only good news about your babies’ health.

    Elli @ CentennialObgynPA.com

    ReplyDelete