Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. When I was young we had a huge egg hunt at my grandmother's house with all my cousins (first, second, and third cousins). It was a big deal. I loved waking up Easter morning to see what the Easter Bunny had brought me and I was pretty good at hunting eggs.

Now that I'm a mom, I want to make Easter a special holiday for my kids. I hope to come up with some fun activities that we can make into family traditions that will make wonderful memories for the kids to remember forever.

This year's Easter wasn't very eventful because of our current situation (babies are in the hospital). I originally wanted someone to bring Brady to Dallas so I could spend the holiday with him, but the more I thought about it, I decided it would be so hard for that to happen so I decided to go home. I got up early Saturday and headed to the hospital (my friend Paula made the trip with me). We checked on the babies and then headed home (to Maud). It was so weird to see Maud for the first time since Jan 31st. Even my house looked different to me (I couldn't figure out if it looked bigger or smaller). Brady was outside riding his tricycle when I drove up. He is such a big boy now, I can't believe how much he's changed over the past few months. We stayed at the house and took it easy on Saturday. I did clean out my closet and got all the maternity clothes out. Sunday, we woke up and went to church. It was so nice to finally get to worship with my church family. After church we went to my mom's for lunch and an egg hunt. Brady wasn't interested in hunting eggs at all. Then we went to my grandmother's house to hunt eggs. He hunted a little there, but still doesn't get the whole concept. After that, Paula and I hit the road again. We stopped by the hospital to check on all the babies then headed home (in Dallas). It was a quick trip home but it was so nice to see all "my" stuff for a change.

I look forward to next Easter when all our babies are home and we're all together.
Brady didn't want to hunt eggs, he just wanted to ride in his fire truck. 
It was so hard to get a 2 year old to cooperate for a picture, I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like when we have 6 kids to try to take pictures of.



Gavin, Makenna & Brady.... Gage was home sick.



Something crazy always happens when Kayla is around.





2 comments:

  1. Easter is my favorite holiday as well, glad you got to spend it at home. You look amazing so soon after delivering 5 babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I'm glad you got to go home and spend some time with your family.

    ReplyDelete