Thursday, May 8, 2014

Nurses Week

When I graduated from high school, I was going to college to be a nurse. I had always wanted to be a nurse (well, when I was really young I wanted to be an astronaut, but that didn't work out), and I wanted to be a nurse in the nursery with the babies. So, I signed up for anatomy & physiology my first semester of college. I sat through the first class of A&P, afterwards I immediately went to the counseling center and changed my major and dropped A&P. And that was the end of my nursing dreams.

I've been around a lot of nurses lately and I've learned, it takes a very special person to be a nurse. I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know so pretty awesome nurses. My nurses back at home are wonderful, they always take such good care of me. While on bed rest at Baylor I fell in love with my nurses. There aren't words to describe how awesome those women are, they took such wonderful care of me. The NICU nurses are angels from Heaven! They love on our babies and take such good care of them. I will forever be indebted to the nurses who have taken care of our babies.

Nurses have a tough job and at times a very nasty job. I felt so sorry for Tessa's nurse the other day, Tessa pooped all the way up to her neck, it was nasty! And it's so nice to walk in and see the nurses holding and loving on the babies. I have really enjoyed getting to know the ladies that love and care for the babies.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is.... Thank You Nurses! And to all the nurses who have cared for me and my kiddos in the past 9 months, you'll always have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment