Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I had a special Mother's Day this year. I celebrated 6 wonderful little blessings that God has entrusted me to teach, care for, and love unconditionally. I'm so thankful and blessed to be Brady, Mia, Tessa, Brant, Gracie, & Rayleigh's mama. I can't even begin to describe how much I love being their mama. Brady always makes me laugh. He's got such a funny and cute personality. It has been so fun to watch him grow and change over the past two years. Mia encourages me to fight through whatever challenges I'm faced with, she's such a little fighter and I really think she's going to be a tough little girl. Tessa is a sweet baby and is so cuddly. Brant loves attention. I think he knows my voice and he usually wakes up and yells for some mommy attention when I walk into the room. I hope he is a mama's boy. Gracie is laid back and so sweet. Rayleigh is quiet and a little sweetheart. 

It makes me so sad to be away from Brady. I miss him so much it hurts. I feel like I've missed out on so much of his life lately. I'm so ready to be home so I can be with him every day. On the flip side I wake up every day like an excited little kid on Christmas..I can't wait to get to the hospital and start loving on the babies. I look forward to watching all six of the grow up together. I hope and pray they will always be close to each other. I hope and pray I will do a great job of raising them to be honest, caring, and loving Christian men and women. I strive to be the best Christian example to them. I hope they always know I love them so much and I'm so glad they are my kids. I look forward to learning each of their unique personalities. I'm so excited about our future but I hope I will always remember to live in the moment and cherish each moment because I know they are going to grow up way too fast.

Being a mom is such a tough job. There's moments when I feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Sometimes I have guilt and feel like I'm not doing a great job. And there are times when I'm frustrated, exhausted, and defeated. But I know how to fix all those insecurities... all I have to do is pray. God always gets me through any circumstance I face. My heart is so full of love and joy and gratefulness that I'm a mom. 

I'm also so thankful to have such a wonderful mama. She has taught me so much about how to be a great mom. And even though I'm 34 now, she is still taking care of me. She has helped me so much this past year while I've been out of commission with my pregnancy and having to be with the quints in Dallas. I don't know what I'd do without her.

I hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day as well. Being a mom is the best job in the world! And my heart goes out to women who have lost their child/children or those who were never able to get pregnant or have had miscarriages, or if you have lost your mom. I know that Mother's Day isn't always a happy day for some...please know that my prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment