Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014

The first couple of days after Christmas are such a let down to me. It seems like we spend 5 months gearing up for Christmas; decorating and shopping and then, it's over before you can blink twice. Christmas is one of my most favorite times of the whole year. I love the decorations, music, Christmas shows, and overall feeling of goodwill that coincides with this special holiday. I do feel, however, that the true meaning of Christmas is overlooked by a vast majority of people, so I hope to teach my kids what Christmas is really all about and that the true reason for the season is to celebrate Jesus' birth.
The best part about Christmas is that I get to spend so much time with our families. We went to three different Christmases away from our home this year and we also hosted everyone, as we usually do. Our first stop this year was the Saturday before Christmas (which is the earliest I've ever celebrated). My stepdad had surgery 2 days before Christmas, so we celebrated early so he could participate. Sunday we went to my dad's for Christmas. Monday we had our big Christmas here. And Christmas Day we went to my grandmother's house. It was busy, as usual, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

The kids had a great Christmas. Santa brought Brady trains because he loves Thomas the Train. We now have trains coming out our ears because everyone else gave him trains too. Santa brought all the girls Care Bears. Brant got some balls and blocks. They all got bath toys in their stockings.
Santa came!!!

Teresa & Brant


Me with Tessa

Loretta & Gracie

Rayleigh

Tessa

Nana & Mia

Brant & Brady had matching Santa pjs


Gracie & Rayleigh

Preston with Tessa

Mia

Brady playing with his trains Santa brought

I must have been a very good girl this year, Santa brought me a new sewing machine that also embroiders. Now I just have to learn how to sew!
The most precious gifts aren't the ones under the tree, it's the loved ones around the tree. I'm so thankful for my sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment