Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day 2015

Last year, 3 of our quints were still in the NICU. We really didn't do a whole lot for the 4th of July. This year, three of our quints are really sick with strep throat. We can't catch a break, two years in a row. On top of all the quints were sick (3 were really, really sick), it also rained all day long! I had planned on letting the kids play in the blow up pool, my mom bought a slip 'n slide for the big kids and we were going to grill steaks, but all the swimming activities were rained out. We stayed inside all day trying to keep the kids comfortable and happy. I decided I wanted this to be a fun 4th of July for my kids so I invited my family over. Everyone brought their own steaks, Steven did the grilling, and we had potatoes, salad, and bread. The food was delicious, but the company was the best part of the day. I love getting together with my family. It's always wild, crazy, and loud when everyone is over, and that's just the way I like it.  :)
Brady

Brant


Brady & Brant used their flags like swords and had a flag fight.
The girls looked super duper cute in their little red, white, and blue outfits. I found the outfits at Walmart and they only cost $2.88 each!!! I call that a quint mom win!!! I love finding cute outfits for cheap!!! I also got Brady's shirt from Walmart for $5. Brant's outfit was a hand-me-down from Brady.
Mia


Gracie


Rayleigh


Tessa


Love my big guy

Houston, We have a problem!!!! The quints have figured out how to get out of the "safe area".

Party in Brant's room!!!!

Tessa was excited!

A crib full of little seals!

Happy 4th of July!!!

I threw together a few decorations. If you have mason jars around the house, you can make the cutest decorations & quick! I love mason jars!!!

Time to eat!

Gracie wanted some potatoes.

Papa Berney

Aunt Marty and Brant

The quint table

The big kids played washers.



My sisters

Family selfie! We had to try out Kara's new selfie stick. 
I hope each of you had a wonderful and blessed Independence Day! I'm so thankful to live in the great USA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment