Friday, July 10, 2015

Summertime Fun

So, now that the kids are feeling better, I've decided it's time to get out and have some summertime fun. I hate that my quints don't get to experience all the fun and normal things most kids do, just because it's so hard to get out with so many babies. It's also hard to plan fun outings because we have to schedule everything around the girls' feeding schedule. It's too hard to be out and about and hook the girls up to their feeding machine, so we rarely get out. But, it's time for a change, it's time for the quints to get some new experiences.

I've been thinking of what fun and cheap things I could do with the kids, so I decided to take them to the park (free) and the splash pad (free). I wasn't sure how it was going to go; it could have gone very badly, but thankfully, both experiences were great!

Park
On Thursday, I loaded the kids up and headed to Spring Lake Park. I took two friends with me. We got to the park around 9:45am, I wanted to get there before it got too hot, before too many kids were around, and we had to back home by 12:00pm for lunch. First we let the quints swing, everyone enjoyed it expect Mia. Then we let Brady play in the play ground area. While he played, we let the quints down and all they wanted to do is eat rocks. Next time we go to the park, I'll definitely take extra people with me, to help me keep the quints from eating rocks, and hopefully Brady will get to play more.
Brady and Gracie sliding together; Brant and Rayleigh climbing.


Brotherly love

Rayleigh playing in the rocks.

Brant

Gracie

Tessa

Of course, Mia only wanted mama.

Doubling up! This is a win win from mama!


Mia & Brady

Gracie with Rayleigh & Tessa with Brant

Brady

Mia

Tessa loved swinging with Brant.

My little monkey, Brady.


Gracie

Rayleigh

Tessa

Brant
This my friends, is why my kids are always sick. They are always chewing on everything.
Splash Pad
So today, we loaded up and took the kids to the Splash Pad at Spring Lake Park. I am a nervous wreck when my kids are around water, even if it's just a little bit of water. So, I rounded up extra help for this outing. Steven and my mom are off on Fridays, so they came to help. I also brought 2 friends. I really didn't know what to expect from the quints. I hoped they'd have fun and play, but you just never know. Rayleigh had a blast, she did so good. Brant did great too. Gracie was fearless and did really well. Tessa and Mia wouldn't get down. They did play in the water a little, but they wanted to be held the whole time. We stayed for about 45 minutes and then it was time to go. We were one of the first families at the splash pad, and that was so nice. It was much easier to keep up with the kids. We left when it started to get crowded.

I dress my kids in swimmer shirts when they swim. It helps protect their skin, which is so important. I also like the swim shirts because of the modesty factor. My girls are dressed alike because it makes it easier to keep up with them. They were super duper cute!!!
Tessa

Brant

Gavin and Gracie

Gracie in her cute pig tails.

Rayleigh

Mia
Mia

Playing in the water.

Me and Tessa...she stayed on my hip the whole time.

Brady




I call both outings a huge success! At this age, the key for us is to have lots of help on hand and get there as early as possible. I'm ready for the next family adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment