Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Catching Up

Hey y'all! So when my computer stopped working last week, I wasn't able to blog so today I'm playing catch up. Thankfully, we took our computer to the Apple store and they got it back up and running so all is well in my little world.

Last week was wild and crazy. VBS started last Sunday and ran through Wednesday. The kids enjoyed themselves but boy were they thrown off schedule. It made for a long week of 6 grouchy and whiney kids, but we survived. We took the kids to Dallas this weekend to have some fun. It was so nice to see and visit with our friends Paula and Dave. The kids had a blast. Our Independence Day was very low-key. The kids played outside and swam and we grilled fajitas and had my sister (Kayla) and BIL (Jeremy) over to dinner. Brady went down to my other sister's house (Kristian) after dinner to watch fireworks. Maybe next year we'll introduce the quints to fireworks....maybe. Tuesday, Daddy went back to work, and we got out of the house and had some fun. I took the kids to play at the playground at Chick-fil-A. I thought about taking them to the park but they like to run away from us and it was hot so we opted for indoors where they would be contained and cool. Today, I took Brant, Mia, and Rayleigh to the doctor. Brant had an ear infection, Mia has a rash on her face that won't go away so we got medicine for that, and Rayleigh has a bad diaper rash. And for some reason Gracie vomited twice today. It's always something.

So I had a post already written for last Monday's, Hello Monday post when my computer decided to quit on me. I love the post and I want to share it because it really comes from my heart and shows just how far our quints have come in 2 short years. So here it goes...only 1 week late...

Counting My Blessings
So, yesterday (a week ago) an old post popped up on my Facebook newsfeed. It was a post from 2 years ago; I was asking everyone to please pray for Rayleigh because she was having her heart procedure the following day. Gracie and Mia were scheduled to have surgery (getting their g-tube) in the new few days as well, and Tessa was back in the hospital. That was, quiet possibly, the most horrible time of my life. If there was ever a time I was going to completely lose my mind, it would have been two years ago. I don't think I've ever, in my entire life, been so stressed, scared, tired, and run down like I was during that time. I was staying with my friends Paula and Dave in Dallas. Steven was at home (3 hours away, working and taking care of Brady). I had a family member with me in Dallas to stay with Brant during the day because he had already been discharged from the NICU (once a baby was discharged, they could not go back to the NICU for anything...not even when mom was visiting the other babies, so I had to have someone help me with him so I could go check and love on my girls). So Tessa had been discharged from Baylor NICU for about a week when she dehydrated and had to go back into the hospital. I took her to Dallas Children's Hospital because Baylor wouldn't readmit her into their NICU. Rayleigh was in heart failure and was transferred to Dallas Children's for her heart procedure. Mia and Gracie were still in the NICU at Baylor. So I had my 6 kids in 4 different places, all at once. Two were very sick (Tessa & Rayleigh). I was trying to juggle all of this and stay sane. It was hard. I know, without a doubt, the only way I survived that time was by the many prayers of our family, friends, and even strangers. God heard our prayers and He got us all through that scary time. I will forever be thankful to my Baylor nurses who took such wonderful care of Mia and Gracie. I spent most of my time with Tessa and Rayleigh at Children's because I was more concerned about their health and I didn't know and trust the Children's nurses or doctors like I did Baylor.

I watch all six of my kids now, and I stand in awe of how greatly God has blessed me. The Six Sweet Seals are all healthy. They are all thriving. They are all happy (most of the time). They are the greatest blessings of mine and Steven's lives. As hard as our life is, and as crazy as it can be, I wouldn't change my life for anything this world has to offer. We are so richly blessed and I'm so glad I came upon that old post last week because they reminded me just how awesome our God is and just how far we have come as a family.

Fast forward two years and look at them now.......
Reading their bibles.



Playing at Nana & Pops






The girls are color coded, in their signature colors
 (Mia-green, Tessa-purple, Gracie-pink, Rayleigh-peach)






























Well that's all folks! I'm working on some fun projects and I can't wait to share them on here with you all! So stay tuned. And there's a BIG announcement coming very soon! Lots of fun stuff to keep you in suspense about. :)
Be blessed!
Michelle
You can follow us on Facebook at Six Sweet Seals or Instagram at six_sweet_seals.

No comments:

Post a Comment