Wednesday, June 24, 2015

All About Me

The other day, I was thinking about stuff to blog about; I'm always blogging and updating everyone on the kids, but I never talk about myself (not that I'm very interesting). I'm sure there are a few readers out there that really don't know me; so, here's a little, getting-to-know-me post.

Name: Michelle Leigh

Age: 35 (yikes!!!!)

Marriage Status: I'm happily married to my best friend, Steven. We were married December 16, 2006 (8.5 years of marriage bliss). We had a beautiful Christmas wedding. Our honeymoon was at a Sandals Resort in the Bahamas!

Kids: Brady (3 years), Mia - Baby A (15 months), Tessa - Baby B (15 months), Brant - Baby C (15 months), Gracie - Baby D (15 months), and Rayleigh - Baby E (15 months). If you're brand new to my blog, I'm a mom of a singleton and GGBGG quintuplets!!!  :)

Home: We live in the great state of Texas!! (northeast TX)

General Description of Me: I'm a christian and I love God with all my heart, body, and soul. I'm a wife. I'm mother. I'm a sister (I have 2 younger sisters and 2 younger brothers). I'm a teacher (public school and I teach classes at church).

Personality Traits: I'm a happy person and I love to laugh. I try to be calm, but deep down I'm a worrier. I'm shy and I don't like speaking in public. I'm loyal, trustworthy, and honest. I'm try to look at the positive side of things and I like to surround myself with positive people. I work hard on being patient; most of the time I do a pretty good job. I'm protective of my family-- I'm usually easy-going unless someone messes with my family. I'm peaceful and I forgive easily.

Education: I graduated high school in 1999. I attended Texarkana College in Texarkana, TX and graduated with my Associates in Art - Behavioral Science (2001). I attended the University of North Texas in Denton, TX and graduated with my Bachelors in Science - Recreation & Leisure Studies, emphasizing in Recreational Therapy (2003). I attended Texas A&M- Texarkana, TX and received my teaching certification through the alternative certification program in 2007. I attended Texas A&M- Texarkana, TX and graduated with my Masters in Science - Curriculum & Instruction, emphasizing in reading (2012).

Career: I'm currently a stay-at-home-mom; before my quints arrived I was a 1st grade teacher. I plan on going back to work as soon as I can; we've got lots of mouths to feed and one income is going to make it hard to provide for a family of 8!

My Dream Job: My ideal of a dream job would to replace Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune. I mean seriously, there is no one in this world that has a better job than Vanna. (And if you think I'm kidding, I'm not!!!)  ;)~

When I Retire: Some day, many, many, many years from now, I hope to retire, and when that happens, I want to be a volunteer in a NICU where all I do all day is hold precious premies. Baylor had NICU volunteers, and I immediately knew, that's something I want to do someday.

Hobbies: I love reading blogs, surfing Pinterest, hand/footprint art with my kids, shopping, hanging out with my family, and sunbathing (on the beach preferably).

Favorite Blogs: I've read Mix Match Mama for several years now and love her blog. After the quints arrived I stumbled upon some moms of HOM (higher order multiples) blogs and my favorite HOM mom blog is Four to Adore; this quad mom gives lots of good information to newer moms of HOM.

Favorite Places to Shop: I love, love, love, love Hobby Lobby. The second I walk into HL, I immediately feel happy. Target is a close second.

Favorite TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars, Downton Abbey, Pioneer Woman, Wheel of Fortune

Favorite Movies: You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, We Bought a Zoo, The Vow, Top Gun, My Best Friend's Wedding, Love Actually

Favorite Movie Quotes: "You can't handle the truth!" (A Few Good Men); "You're Killing Me Smalls" (Sandlot); "Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!" (A League of Their Own).

Favorite Types of Food: TexMex, Italian (I could eat chips and salsa everyday!)

Places I've Traveled: Disney World (3 times); Washington D.C.; Bahamas; New York (2 times); Boston; Plymouth; Kennebunkport; Las Vegas; New Orleans; Orange Beach, AL; Red River, NM; Tampa, FL; Pensacola, FL. I've taken a cruise to Key West, FL, Grand Cayman, and Mexico. I've been to Mexico twice. I love traveling (now that we have 6 kids, traveling has come to a halt, but I love going as much as possible).

Places I'd Like to See: I want to take my kids to Disney World, I'd love to take them to Atlantis (Bahamas), I want to travel to Europe, I'd like to travel to all 50 states, and I'd like to watch a baseball game at all the MLB stadiums. I'd love to go to Ireland.

Interesting Facts About Me: I have been bitten by a Copperhead snake; I was 7 years old. I'm am a very picky eater! I don't eat anything that's mixed up (no casseroles). I'm not a huge dessert fan (I like chocolate and plan white cakes - nothing fancy). I drink hot chocolate all year long.

What's Near & Dear to my Heart: Babies, especially premie babies. I've always loved babies; an unexpected battle with infertility made me think I might not ever be a mama, so I love and cherish everything about babies. People struggling with infertility is also near and dear to my heart.

Things I Like: Baby's laughing, baby's smiling, baby animals, summer time, the beach, Starbucks hot chocolate, chocolate almond ice cream, facials, pedicures, and Hershey bars.

Things I Dislike: Drama!!! I hate drama with a passion. I dislike cleaning house. I dislike laundry (I especially dislike folding and putting up clothes). I don't like talking on the phone, I'd rather meet you and talk face-to-face. I hate politics! I don't like cutting my kids' finger/toe nails.

Favorite Holiday: I honestly love all the holidays and I like to decorate for all the holidays. But if I had to pick my favorite holiday, it would be Christmas.

My Pet Peeves: The windshield wipers being on when it's not raining. People who are hibitually late. People asking a million personal questions about the quints (like how they were conceived, etc.). People who lie.

Top Item on My Bucket List: I want to go on a mission trip.

Well, there you have it... a little information about your's truly. I'm just a good ole country girl with a pretty awesome life. I'm incredibly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment