Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Brady: The Terrible & Terrific Two's

Brady is inching closer to three every day and it makes me so sad. I have enjoyed every stage of his life, but right now, he's really extra fun. His vocabulary and speech have exploded in the past few months. It's so funny to have a conversation with him. Sometimes, he's too smart for his own good. And he says &/or does things he should get in trouble for, but he's too darn funny and makes us laugh. He has great manners for a two-year-old, we work on that everyday and I can tell that it's working. He's a very loving little boy and very busy too. I love how he loves to rub my arm at night when he's falling asleep, and yes, he still sleeps in our bed. We haven't figured out how to get him to sleep in his own bed yet. He's a wild sleeper and keeps us up when we should be sleeping. He's a really good helper. When he wants something to eat or drink, I'll tell him to go get his bowl or cup and he knows exactly what to do.

All About Brady:
-Favorite shows: Thomas the Train, Mickey Mouse Playhouse, Bubble Guppies, Curious George, Lilo & Stitch.
-Favorite things: He loves his pillow & blanket (when his pillow case starts to come off, he tells me "pillow broke" so I have to "fix it" for him and put the case back on it). He loves to play with his trains & loves to run around like a crazy person. He loves bubble baths. He loves going outside.
-Favorite colors: He loves the color blue. He has learned most of his colors. He loves to play on Steven's iPhone.
-Favorite food: He likes strawberry waffles, strawberry oatmeal, strawberry yogurt, orange juice, Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, fried catfish, french fries, mash potatoes, goldfish, pretzels, gummy bears, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, & water with ice.
-Favorite people: He gets so excited when Gavin comes over to play with him. He loves anyone who will play with him.
-My Favorite Brady Phrases: "hold you" (instead of hold me), "I love you", "I'm awake" (he says that every time he wakes up from a nap or in the mornings), "where's babies", "I'm back". Last night he told me he was going to "spank my butt"....that wasn't my favorite phrase but it sure was funny. His daddy got in trouble for saying that phrase to him!

Sometimes he's moody.

He's ALL BOY... here, he's playing with a frog.

He plays hard and he sleeps hard.

He hates pictures. I'm sure people wonder why he's never in pictures with the quints, well it's because he won't stop and be still and take a picture. In fact, he usually throws a major fit when it comes to pictures. We have to try to bribe him with candy and most of the time, that doesn't even work.

He loves trucks.

He likes pony rides.

He's fearless and he loves his Thomas the Train baseball cap.

He loves to take bubble baths and rub bubbles all over the wall.

He knows how to throw some major fits. 
He loves Brant and does a great job of entertaining Brant. Brant laughs more at Brady than anyone else.

Like father, like son. Brady is a lot like Steven.

He's pretty darn cute, if I must say so myself.

This is exactly how he sleeps, with his pillow over his head (and sometimes with his trains in the bed with him).

Sometimes he still thinks he's a baby.

He loves orange juice and strawberry waffles. (He'll even eat the waffles straight from the freezer, still frozen).

He's too cool for words.

He loves Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets.

When his pillow case comes off (to him its broken), mama has to fix it. He loves to rub his pillow between his fingers.

He's always got to be in the middle of everything...here, he's on top of the baby table during feeding time.

He's a tractor guy.

He still likes to bounce in his bouncer.

He loves playing with his trains.

He's always on the go and loves to be outside.

He's part monkey. He loves to climb on everything.

He still has blond hair and beautiful blue eyes.
Oh, how I love my sweet little boy. He's growing up too fast and it really makes me sad how fast time is flying by. Of course, there's times when I could pull my hair out because he's being a little toot, but what do you expect from a little boy. He's a little charmer, full of life, silly, funny, one-of-a-kind ringtail tooter & I wouldn't trade being his mama for the world. I wish I could slow time down, but since I can't I'm going to do my very best to enjoy every little moment of Brady's precious life. 

And I will say, I'm terrified of what life will be like in a couple of years when I have FIVE two-year-olds!!! Start praying now people, start praying now!

No comments:

Post a Comment