Saturday, November 22, 2014

Quints: 8 Months

I can't believe I'm already writing this post. It can't be real that my babies are 8 months old now. This time last year, I was finally coming to grips that this was going to be my reality. I was finally convinced that we were going to have 5 babies (at the same time!!!!). I'm so thankful that our story has been a happy one. I know things could have gone much differently for us, it could have been a sad and tragic story, but thankfully God blessed us with five wonderful babies. They are getting so big. I'm amazed at how well they are doing. They're gaining weight consistently, which is great. They are meeting milestones (for their adjusted age of 5 months) and developing well. They are interacting with their environment more, staying awake and alert longer, and are very expressive and sociable with people. They all love to be held and played with, and they are noticing each other and Brady now. They all like to grab the closest pacifier and put it in their mouth. They will also put the closest hand or foot in their mouth (no matter who it belongs to). It's so funny to see one of them sucking on another one's hand or foot. They are always going to share such a sweet and special bond. They're starting to laugh a lot more. They like to eat baby food. It's a mess and takes several people to get them all fed, but they enjoy it and I'm so thankful that I had several friends go in together and buy us a baby table. It makes feeding 5 babies at once so much easier. They roll everywhere and it's a job to keep them still while they're eating through the g-tube (the girls). They have discovered their hands and feet. They grab for toys, are holding their heads up well, and are all over the place. They've all stayed pretty healthy this past month, thank the Lord. They are still wearing size 2 diapers. And are in 6-9 month clothes.
Dressed, locked & loaded and ready to go to the doctor for RSV shots. (from l to r: G, R, T, M, B)


from l to r: M, T, B, G, R

1 comment: