Sunday, September 13, 2015

Grandparents Day 2015

I'm always looking for a reason to bring my whole family together so Steven and I invited our parents and grandparents over for lunch today to celebrate Grandparents Day. We have been so blessed with such a wonderful family who loves us and helps us out so much. We actually announced to our grandparents 4 years ago that we were expecting Brady!!!! So this day is special for several reasons.

Steven and I have lost both sets of our grandfathers. And my maternal grandmother past away when I was only 7 years old. So getting together with the grandmothers is important because I know they won't be here forever and I want to make the most of our time now. Sadly, my grandmother suffers from Alzheimer's Disease. I don't know if she'll be able to come to many more family functions as her condition gets worse so I want to bring us all together as a family as much as I possibly can. We missed my grandmother from Houston; its too far of a drive for her to come up for a short weekend. And unfortunately, Steven's mom was sick and couldn't make it. Otherwise, we had a great turnout and a fabulous time together.

Our menu was roast-potatoes-& carrots, with macaroni and cheese, salad, and bread. Of course we had yummy desserts to choose from, such as: brownies, chocolate chip cookies, watermelon, and jello.
Gage & GeeGee

Grandma, Kayla, Mia, and me

I have the best grandma in the world. I'm so thankful she was able to come eat with us today. She had a good day!

Papa Berney & Tessa

Steven's grandma & my grandma have been friends since they were in school together. We are so blessed to have such wonderful women in our family. And I think it's pretty neat how far back our families go.

We love our grandparents! We had a wonderful day celebrating these wonderful people in our lives.


Brady & Nana
Thank you Lord for blessing our family with the most amazing grandparents and great-grandparents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment