Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September 2015

So another month is in the books and I just can not believe this year is almost over. September was a little bit busier than August for us, but nothing too crazy. We have been enjoying some nice evening walks now that the weather is starting to get a little cooler in the late afternoon/evening time. So here's what we've been up to lately....

My first call of business was to decorate the house for fall. When September arrived I was ready to put all my summer decorations away and put my fall stuff out. We've had to do some rearranging with the house (you know, move furniture around because the quints try to escape and demolish the house!) so I didn't decorate as much as I normally do, but that's okay, this phase won't last forever. I love fall decorations, they make the house look very homey.
I love my mantle. 
My sweet friend McCall made this sign for me and it's just perfect. I can't think of 3 better words to describe my life.



The quints love playing in my pumpkins.
One day while Brady was still in school, the quints finished therapy early, so we went to the park for some fun.
Yes, my hands are full, but you should see my heart!   ;)
All SIX kids had their half-birthdays this month! I can't believe we have a three-and-half year old & five one-and-half year olds!
I grabbed this cake while grocery shopping. I had been craving birthday cake and I had the perfect reason to indulge.
Oh, and I'm the one who tried to write the 1/2 on the cake...as you can see, I'm no cake decorator. 
We celebrated Grandparent's Day with our wonderful family! It's always a blast to get everyone together.

The fair was in town and we took Brady again this year. It's always so nice to get away with just Brady and have fun. He had a blast and was upset when it was time to go.
You can't go to the fair without eating a Funnel Cake!!! Yummy!!
He had a blast riding the "trains" aka roller coasters. He is fearless.
The Six Sweet Seals all had a dentist appointments (6 month check ups) this month and I'm so happy to report that they all have great teeth!!!
I love our dentist office because they have fun stuff for the kids to play with in the waiting room. 


Brady was such a big boy.
We also enjoyed lunch at a local cafeteria. The kids drew lots of attention from all the customers.
We took the quints for their 18 month checkup to our Dallas Pediatrician and they are all healthy. Mia and Brant have not gained weight like we'd like, so of course that worries this mama, but overall, they are healthy and for that I am so very thankful.
Dr. Suterwala was the quints' NICU pediatrician. I'm so thankful he is still following their progress.
Brady is doing so well in school. I can't tell you how proud of him. I can tell he is learning so much. And he's finally got the hang of how to act while at school too!
He's taking his teacher's blood pressure (I suppose) and don't even ask me what the device is that's on his head.
I love that his sweet teacher is thoughtful and sends me little messages like this every-once-in-a-while.
The quints are doing well in therapy. Mia was having some attachment issues and not wanting to do anything but cry, but by the end of last week, she was doing much better.

Therapy can be so much fun...except if you're Mia. 
Steven still has a garden. He wasn't planning on growing any more watermelons, they just came up on their own. And there's a lot of them. I've been begging him for years to plant me a pumpkin patch, and he finally did. However, it hasn't rained enough to have a good harvest, but we at least do have one. Hopefully, it'll make it.


How many watermelon can you find? I found SIX! (Our lucky number) ;)
Our one little pumpkin.

We ended September with a boom! Today started off crazy. Mia vomited, so that had to be cleaned. I was holding her, trying to keep her calm so she wouldn't vomit again. All the while Tessa comes over and stands by my feet. Then Mia started vomiting again and it landed right on Tessa!! While cleaning up Mia and Tessa, Brant decides to destroy a table in his room!! Then we get to school and Brady decides to get an attitude with me and cries because he doesn't want to go to school. Just another crazy day in the life of the Seals.   ;)
Brant's room... glass shattered everywhere!!!
Well, that about sums up our September! It's been a great month and I'm so glad the weather is starting to turn cooler. Steven, Brady, & I have enjoyed several high school football games this month too. I want to take the quints to their first football game this year, but I know it's going to be a lot of work and very little football watching. We shall see if we get brave enough to bite the bullet.

Happy Fall Y'all!!
xoxo,
Michelle

You can follow the Six Sweet Seals on Facebook at Six Sweet Seals. Thanks for following our journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment