Saturday, May 21, 2016

End of the School Year for Brady

How is it possible that this school year is over? It feels like yesterday that I was dropping Brady off for his first day of Pre-K3 and now it's over. Tuesday was his last day at school because they took a field trip on Wednesday. As we left school on Tuesday, my eyes started filling up with tears as I thought back to that first day that I dropped him off. He was so little and I was about to leave him with complete strangers. I really had no idea what to expect. I felt like I was going to break down and cry when I left him that first day but I didn't want to upset him so I held it together. His first few weeks were rough; he ended up in the thinking chair almost every day. I started doubting my decision to send him to school at such an early age but his teacher assured me that he would catch on and be fine so I held on, and I'm glad I did. He learned so much this year and he really grew up a lot. The main thing I wanted him to get out of Pre-K3 was better social skills with his peers. I'm really not concerned about academics at this point, although I'm very proud of everything he's learned this year, I believe he is, for the most part, right on track academically.

I can't say enough good things about Brady's teachers, Miss Kay and Miss Holly. I think they make a great team together. Brady loved his teachers and I can't tell you how thankful I am that they loved him, took good care of him, and taught him so much. They both will forever hold a special place in my heart.

I'm pretty far behind on blogging about Brady's school stuff so there's going to be lots of pictures in this post. First up are the pictures I took of him at his field trip to the fire station in Texarkana (on Summerhill Road). The firemen did a fantastic job of showing the kids around the fire station. It was a fun and educational field trip. Then I have a picture of Teacher Appreciation Day. We love Miss Kay and Miss Holly. Next up will be pictures from the end of year school program. All the classes, 2 year old, 3 year old, and 4 year olds performed in front of all their loved ones. All of the kids did a fabulous job and I really enjoyed the program. And then I have a few pictures from the last day of school, we took a field trip to the Discovery Center in Downtown Texarkana. Brady really had a fun time.

Field Trip to the Firestation
Miss Holly was kind enough to let Brady wear her sunglasses.
And someone asked us if we were sisters...lol.

Brady and a couple of his classmates with a couple of heroes, aka firemen.

I sure do love my big guy.

Picture in front of the fire truck.





The Redbirds.








Teacher Appreciation Day
These two ladies are awesome!!!
End of School Year Program

Brady is in the green shirt.






Brady and Meme

Brady & Knox


Aunt Marty, Brady, and Grandma

Brady with GG and DeWayne

Brady and Nana

Aunt Kristian and Gavin

Papa Berney and Grandma Loretta



I was trying to get a picture of the Six Sweet Seals...you see how well that went.








So thankful for my big family.
We are so blessed to have so many people love us and support us.
It really meant a lot to us and especially Brady to have so many of our loved ones come watch his program.



Last Day of Pre-K3!!!!
Last day picture


To celebrate the last day of school, Brady & I had a breakfast date at Cracker Barrel.
I want to send a special thank you to my Aunt Marty who kept the quints and let me do all these fun outings with Brady. It's so nice to concentrate just on him for a couple of hours.




Brady gave all his classmates a cookie for the last day of school.
I put a note on it that said, Prek3 has been a fun ride.
Thank you to Sandi Neal who made all our special occasion cookies this year. You did an amazing job!

Of course I didn't have bags to put the cookies in, so after breakfast, I ran to Walmart and bagged the cookies right before the field trip. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get things done.









One last picture with Miss Holly.

Brady with his friends, Caden and Knox.
 Here's a look at the Beginning of School & Last Day Picture
First Day
Second Day
Third Day
Last Day
He grew 3 inches and gained 4 pounds this year. He's growing up way too fast. I'm so proud of my Brady Boo. He is such a wonderful little boy and I'm so thankful he's all mine!
Happy Summer Everyone!
Be Blessed,
Michelle
You can follow us on Facebook at Six Sweet Seals or Instagram at six_sweet_seals.


No comments:

Post a Comment