Saturday, October 18, 2014

Team Paula 2014

Seven months ago, to the day, I gave birth to my quintuplets; today, I ran (I didn't walk a single step) a 5K!!!! I am so proud of myself. I am out of shape, big time, but I made a goal and I wanted to reach my goal. My pregnancy with the quints was very hard on my body, so to run 3.2 miles today is a really big accomplishment. The reason I set the goal to run the 5K was in honor of my friend, Paula, who is battling breast cancer. Paula found out last summer that she had a very aggressive type of breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy and has been on several kinds of chemo. She has had a tough road and at times, she came close to dying from complications of her treatment. However, through it all, she has kept battling and is now beating cancer. She's had a couple of scans in the past few months and they've come back clear. I'm so proud of Paula. She is a such a strong, tough, and amazing woman. There were times today, while I was running the race, that I wanted to stop and walk, but I'd think about Paula and how she's continued to fight cancer and has that never-give-up attitude, and that gave me the strength I needed to keep running. Please continue to keep Paula in your prayers as she continues to fight cancer. I think she only has 4 more chemo treatments left. She's a remarkable woman and I'm very blessed to have her in my life.
Here are some pictures of our team today at the Race for Cure in Texarkana. We had a wonderful team and it was a lot of fun.
Queen Paula and me before the race.

Gavin ran the whole race!!! He beat me across the finish line by 2 minutes!!! He ran it in 38 minutes and I ran it in 40 min. 45 sec.


Our team

Gavin & Paula

Here's me modeling our team shirt... something was obviously very funny..



No comments:

Post a Comment