Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hump Day Humor

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!! I hope your week is going well. Here's a few funny things to make you smile....

So, this part isn't funny, Gracie isn't feeling good. Last night she had a 102 temp, the other three girls had 99 temps so I decided to keep them home from therapy today, however, I still had to get Brady to school, so I called in reinforcement to stay with the quints while I took Brady to school. Brady's school is 30 minutes from our home so there was no sense in taking him, going home, going back to pick him up, then coming back home again, so I just stayed in town. I had nothing I needed to do, so I drove to Target, parked and turned my car off, and painted my fingernails. Let me tell you, it was pure bliss! I stayed there for 1.5 hours in complete silence. It was nice a cozy and the sun was shining on my face, man it was so nice to have some peace and quiet for a little while. I love my family, but every-once-in-a-while it's nice to not have to answer to anyone and to just sit and do nothing, no thinking, nothing. I'm sure if someone was watching me they were probably thinking I'd lost my mind since I was painting my nails in the car, but that's just fine with me.. For those 90 minutes, I was the happiest crazy person you'll ever meet! :)

Give me some water with lime, finger nail polish, peace & quiet and I'm a happy girl.
So, Steven is out of town this week for work, and when he's gone I let Brady sleep with me. The kid is a terrible sleeping partner. He was all over the bed; I wanted to kick him out and send him to his room, but I just couldn't break his heart like that...he finally went asleep, but around 2am, I heard a loud commotion and he started screaming and crying. He'd fallen off the bed. I held him and rocked him a minute or two and he went right back to sleep. The next morning I saw that he'd hit his eye on Steven's nightstand. Thankfully, it didn't give him a black eye, just cut it. He's had a hi-ho time telling everyone about his accident. He loves him some sympathy attention. I met a mom of one of the little girls in his class in the hall today and she was talking about Brady's eye, I just laughed, my boy is something else.
Brady couldn't wait to tell his teachers about his accident.
Snuggling with this pretty lady makes everything all better.

I'm about to finish up working on my post updating you on what's new with the kids, hopefully I'll have it posted in the next day or two.

Also, when you say your prayers tonight, please mention Mia.. I'm taking her to Dallas Friday to have her eyes checked again and we'd love a good report. Also please pray for safe travels for Steven who'll be coming home tomorrow and us going & coming from Dallas on Friday.

xoxo,
Michelle

You can follow us on Facebook at Six Sweet Seals.




No comments:

Post a Comment